Last Meeting Minutes
HOUSTON CANOE CLUB GENERAL MEETING
November 14th, 2012
Bayland Park Community Center
Recorder: John Berlinghoff
The meeting was called to order by Commodore Ken McDowell at 7:10.
Honey Leveen introduced our new members, Mark and Lisa, and Mark and Lori, and visitors Jane and Mike.
• Harmon reported on a trip at Caddo Lake with the Woodlands Hiking Club.
• Christy talked about an Armand Bayou night-time cruise led by John Ohrt.
• Tom Douglas led a trip on Double Bayou where they went looking for alligators, but did not find any.
• On Dec. 1 there will be a Dickinson Festival of Lights trip followed by a pot luck dinner.
Contact Mary Zabrowski.
• Ken Anderson is planning a one week Buffalo River (Arkansas) trip in early April. There will be
a maximum of 8 boats.
• Tom Douglas will be having a Dec. 8 Sierra Club trip with HCC invited.
• The Christmas party will be a pot luck dinner on Dec. 15 at our usual location in the Upper Kirby
Building at Richmond & Eastside. If you can help, call Honey Leveen.
Ken asked for nominees from the floor, but none were received. The slate was:
• Commodore – Harmon Everett
• Vice Commodore – Philip Matticks
• Fleet Captain – Dave Kitson
• Purser (Treasurer) – Bob Naeger
• Recorder – Tisha Matticks
• Boatswain – Honey Leveen
• Newsletter Editor – John Rich
• Conservation – John Bartos
• Webmaster - Greg Walker
The above were approved by acclamation.
Joe Coker gave a comprehensive presentation on alligators. Watch for excerpts in the newsletter.
|Recorder, John Berlinghoff